You sure can tell that August is here. Weather has been so hot and HUMID... This weekend was the Decatur Celebration, we managed to go on Sunday but only spent about 3 hours . Just way to hot and to add the crowd on top of that.
Plus there was also the reason that I had a little episode Sat. morning. A lot of the times I will mow the yard while Brian is working. I just do it to get it done and to help Brian out since he is out in the heat the whole time that he is working. Well, yesterday morning I decided to mow and Angie was playing on/with her yard toys.. Things were fine while I was mowing, but then just as I was pushing the mower back to the shed I started feeling like I was going to be sick then the balance thing started then my vision was starting to go... I was able to get Angie inside and I just laid down in the kitchen floor so that I would not pass out. Once I laid down, Angie got the phone for me and I was able to call my brother to come over. I wanted to make sure that some one would be here just in case I did pass out, I didn't want Angie scared and alone. Luckily, I did not pass out but I think I probably would have had I not laid down. Sam brought me a gatorade to help me get some fluids and sugar in. And mom brought me a sandwich.
Boy how the heat can mess with you if your not careful. It can mess with you when you don't even realize it. I think that between the heat and my sugar levels dropping, it was just to much.
So we hung out inside in the AC until 5:00 or so...we had to go run a couple of errands in the AC of the van then around 6:30 or so we got out a couple of sprinklers that we bought Angie and let her play in the water. She really liked that and had fun running around the yard. We ended the water fun with some water balloon tosses.
So today we are just taking it easy so far. Hanging out at home and doing stuff around the house as we feel like it. Except Brian had to work to finish testing the fire hoses that they didn't get done on Saturday.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment